Our Speech Therapy Department is dedicated to providing diagnostic and skilled intervention services addressing congenital and acquired communication disorders, including impairments of language (aphasia), speech (dysarthria, apraxia, voice, fluency), swallowing (dysphagia), and cognitive-communication. All of our licensed speech-language pathologists hold certificates of clinical competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association to ensure that effective, reliable, and cutting-edge evidence-based treatment approaches are implemented in individual and/or group treatment settings.
UIRehab’s unique and dynamic rehabilitation facility provides on-going opportunities for individualized therapy goals to be targeted in functional environments, fostering authentic, relevant, and motivating communication experiences. As advocates and practitioners of a radically innovative clinical philosophy, we will continue to strive for excellence in rendering therapeutic services aimed at functional improvement, long-term maintenance of skills, and an overall improved quality of life.
Cognitive-Language-Speech Therapy Services Target:
- Function and working memory
- Information processing
- New learning and practical implementation strategies
- Social pragmatics across settings
- Word retrieval/thought formulation
- Reasoning/problem solving
- Functional communication (verbal and non-verbal)
- Executive functioning (task planning and completion, time management, initiation, organization, inhibition, self-monitoring, and goal setting)
Our Experienced and Dedicated Speech-Language Pathologists Focus on:
- Providing a comprehensive evaluation of cognitive linguistic skills, language, and communication through formal and informal assessments in order to create functional and attainable goals
- Development and implementation of practical compensatory strategies and home programs based upon individual needs, situational learning, and higher-level language demands
- Targeting cognition, speech and language, information processing and acquisition necessary for a successful return to independent living, social participation/reintegration, and/or supportive work environment
Interested in how we can help you or a family member? We'd love to hear from you and learn more about how we can assist. Please click the button below to contact us.