Our home and community-based occupational therapy services are part of the continuum of care that concentrates on improving the attainment and application of skills in the areas of physical and cognitive functioning, mobility, social integration, productivity, perception of self, interpersonal relationships, and independent living skills. The overall goal of this therapy is to promote our Clients’ ability to perform daily activities in a way that enhances their quality of life and makes it possible to enjoy independent living.
Our Occupational Therapy department emphasizes functional independence through the value of “occupation” to maximize quality of life. We provide our clients with individualized goals tailored to their specific needs. Our skilled therapists offer a variety of innovative interventions to address and remediate impaired abilities through activities of daily living skills (ADLs) including self-feeding, grooming, dressing, and other self-care tasks. Our treatment consists of a comprehensive, interdisciplinary approach focusing not only on physical aspects, but cognition, vision, psychosocial practice, and sensory integration.
To optimize a Client’s ability to perform his or her ADL tasks as independently and as safely as possible, the need for assistive and adapted services are addressed. We also focus on life skills such as cooking, community reintegration, job readiness, and home management skills.
Activities of Daily Living Addresses:
- Developing, creating and personalizing functional memory and organization strategies
- Utilizing personal and community resources to develop a systematic approach to daily living tasks
- Transitioning individual and organizational systems to the home and community settings
- Targeting practical living skills to address unprepared and unsafe households
- Considering advanced daily living needs, semi-independent functioning, and higher-level skill rebuilding
- Promoting structure and routine to increase initiation and completion of home responsibilities and independent task success
- Establishing reasonable, functional expectations within the client’s own home and community to promote solid and support community reintegration
Vocational Readiness Targets:
- Creating and developing work tasks, and promoting active group dynamics to enhance vocational skills
- Exploring community-based opportunities to target specific job skill training, task success, and supportive community involvement
- Improving job readiness in the area of interest development, interviewing skills, resume preparation, and awareness of professional work expectations
- Assisting with identification of strengths and skill limitations for realistic vocational exploration and to enhance early work experience
- Establishing strategies within individual work settings, to enhance job performance and task success, for new or existing employment positions
Interested in how we can help you or a family member? We'd love to hear from you and learn more about how we can assist. Please click the button below to contact us.