Speech and Language Pathologist
UIRehab is seeking a part time Speech Therapist. This position is not able to support a CF candidate at this time, so CCC’s only please.
Universal Institute is a leading provider of rehabilitation and supportive-living services to individuals with brain and spinal cord injuries, and other neurological conditions. Our home and community-based platform offers Client-centered services with concentration of Activities of Daily Living and Community Reintegration. In addition to physical impairments, our population often has difficulty with attention, concentration, memory, organizational skills, perception, expressing feelings, and at times inappropriate behaviors. At UIRehab, our objective is to encourage our Clients to work toward their personal goals while developing and maintaining the self-assurance to live as independently as possible.
Listed below are the essential functions of your position. This list is not all inclusive and you will be required to perform other tasks as determined necessary by supervisory personnel:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies and treats clients with swallowing dysfunction.
- Identifies and treat clients with speech, language, voice, and fluency disorders.
- Provides and directs speech therapy services to clients, including assessment, treatment, program planning, and implementation.
- Develops treatment plans by identifying a problem list, long and short-term goals, and methods to achieve recovery.
- Works in accordance with physician’s orders and adheres to applicable principles and practices of speech therapy, Universal Institute’s policies/procedures, and state regulations.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic computer software skills with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Desire to work with brain injured/neurological disorders.
- Maintains friendly and open demeanor at all times.
- Works well with a variety of different individuals.
- Ability to create and cultivate open lines of communication with clinical team, administrators, Clients, practitioners, and other industry professionals.
- Possesses strong listening skills.
- Demonstrates patience and compassion.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think quickly and remain level-headed in an emergency.
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Speech Therapy from an accredited program.
- License to practice Speech Therapy with the state of PA.
- ASHA Certification; must have Certificates of Clinical Competence (CCC)
- Must be physically able to assist clients in safe evacuation from the site in the event of an emergency within time frame specified by licensing requirements.
- Must be physically able to perform CPR and First Aid in the event of an emergency.
Involves regular interaction with a wide variety of unpredictable and often inappropriate conduct and comments by brain-injured individuals.
- Universal Institute offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, 401(K) saving plan, pension plan, personal and sick days, vacation, and holidays. These benefits are available to all regular, full-time employees.
Standard Requirements of Employment
- To be considered for employment, all applicants must meet the standard minimum requirements:
- Must have valid PA/NJ Drivers License with a clean driving record.
- Prior to employment, all new hires must complete:
- Physical and Mantoux test.
- Exclusion Check.
- Criminal History Background Check –
- PATCH Background Check (two year PA residents)
- FBI Background Check (non-PA residents)
EOE/M/F/D/V/SO Universal Rehabilitation and Fitness Institute Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
We would love to hear from you!
If you have a passion for learning new things, sharing your knowledge with others, and recognize that a positive attitude is what matters most, UIRehab might be the right place for you. For more information about this opportunity, please contact our Executive Director, Joanne L. Ward, OTR/L, directly at 610-625-4959 or email.
|Job Category||All, Medical|